Under the China Association of Enterprises with Foreign Investment (CAEFI), the R&D-based Pharmaceutical Association Committee (RDPAC) is a non-profit organization made up of 44 member companies with pharmaceutical R&D capability.
As of June 2020, RDPAC member companies have established 47 manufacturing facilities and 25 R&D centers in mainland China. From July 2015 to June 2020, RDPAC member companies have introduced more than 206 innovative drugs to China market.
HEALTHIER CHINA THROUGH INNOVATION
To be a valued partner in delivering the “Healthy China” goal to improve the health and quality of life of people in China:
• Provide high-quality/ innovative healthcare products and services in a socially responsible and commercially viable manner;
• Commit to securing patients timely access to innovative & high quality drugs;
• Achieve the highest standard of integrity for ethical research and business practice;
• Contribute to the growth of the biopharmaceutical sector in China;
• Support the development of a sustainable healthcare system in China.
LEO Pharma China
Trust is the basis of reputation and essential for innovation. There is no true innovation without ethical decision making.
The first RDPAC Code of Practice was established in 1999, which is based on IFPMA Code and China's laws, regulations and policies. Complying with the Code is also one of the criteria of applying RDPAC membership. In 2019, RDPAC release the newly amended version. According to IFPMA's new Ethos, the Code was developed to facilitate the shift of the Industry Code from a rules-based approach to a Code based on values, and above all, customer trust. So we put trust in the center of our Ethos to emphasize the integral role it has in our four additional Core Values of care, fairness, respect, and honesty. The Ethos are the guidance for our business practice and the interactions between our members and the industry.